Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas in Heaven

Recently we lost a loved one, Grandpa Nebeker. Grandma Nebeker was given this poem and she wanted us all to had it. It is really beautiful and might make you cry!

Christmas In Heaven
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tears,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear.
But the sounds of the music can't compare with the choir up here,
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me dear ones you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I sent you each a special gift from my heavenly home above
I sent you each a memory of my undying love
After all love is a gift more precious than pure gold
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other as my father said to do
For I can't count the blessing or the love He has for each of you
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear
Remember I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

3 comments:

Crozier's Crazy Chronicals said...

Beautiful! I copied it and sent it to my mom cause we lost Grandpa Nunley at this time last year! Thanks for the poem.

Becca said...

Wow, that is a special poem. I've never heard it before. I am excited to see you this season! And looks like you guys are already enjoying it.

The Hicken's said...

Melinda I am sorry for your loss. That poem is beautiful I just recently lost both of my grandfathers last month so it was a much needed poem for me!