Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcoming 2010


What better way to start off the New Year than Steve doing a Birthday Dance for his wife! That is for you Steve! We spent New Years Eve at Brook and Jens with some friends having a good time. What better way to welcome in the New Year.


Happy Birthday to Ruth, hence the dance, no there was no alcohol at the party


Rockn' away with a little Rock Band

Jen was such a good sport and let me fill balloons with confetti and pop on the count down in her house. We had a great night.

New Years Day I awoke to the noise makers coming from my boys room. I guess they were still partying. We tried out the smiling pancake maker that Grandma Smith gave us. Pancakes taste so much better when they have smiles on them!
The Rec Center had free ice skating and rentals for the day. Since the boys had never been we thought we would try since it was free! Chandler kept saying that he didn't want to and he would sit on the side but once we got out there he loved it and asks if we can go every day. He even started to get the hang of it and was going a little by himself. I think I am going to start him in Ice Skating/Hockey lessons this month!
Dad was showing off and fell down. Yes he is down on the ice!
Chandler is just pretending because they thought it was funny.
Poor Deegan was so excited to go and loved it but didn't have a prayer of a chance even standing up by himself but loved it!







What a great fun day. I know there are lots of things to work on this year but if I only do one thing it would be this. Having more fun, love and patience while spending more family time together. That includes reading scriptures together(I know laugh it up) and Family Home Evening. So wish me good luck cuz I know I will need it and good luck to all of you and your goals for 2010!!!!!!

5 comments:

Elin Brotherson said...

I have also set the goal for Family Home Evening this year!! Wish me luck!!I love your post!!

Ruth said...

SO FUNNY!! That is so great you caught it on video! I am going to have to steal it to keep for myself!! We had tons of fun with you guys!!

Amanda said...

Great idea to take the boys ice skating! We'll totally have to try it too :)

Ruth said...

Ok... so I couldn't figure out how to save the video to my computer from your blog so I made a link for people to click on to take them to your blog! Hope that is ok!! I will have to figure out how to get it! Steve laughed SO hard when he watched it! Steve is at work today, but I told him when he had a chance to see the video you posted... One of the guys at work happened to walk by the computer when he was watching it and made him start it over:)...busted! lol

Palmers said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Those are some good goals, I need to set some for us. That is so funny how you were telling me that Chandler holds his ear and yours when he is tired. I love to hear the funny things kids do and say. That is great! Hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Years. So your high for the day is 2 degress? Sounds like summer needs to get here fast hu?:)