Friday, October 9, 2009

Family & Old Batavia

We got to visit with my mother's side of the family that I don't get to see. This is my cousin Tony and his cute little family. Tony is holding Jake and Maryann his wife is holding Katie. Maryann cooked a huge Turkey dinner for us Sunday. It was so good! Thanks Tony and Maryann for everything.

Aunt Di and Tony's huge dog.
Jake strikn' a pose.


Katie is so cute!



Batavia is just 30 minutes East of Buffalo and it is an really old town, I mean village, like all the other little villages around that area. The all have very old houses, buildings, graveyards, and according to history most of them are all haunted!



Some are mansions and some are just beautifully old.






With everything being old then what better thing to do than go antique shopping. I found me a couple fun old things. I do like this hat!










Whenever you think of New York you always think of the big city but Eastern New York is nothing like that. It is all big open farm land. Lots and lots of trees and farms. All of it is so green and open. And they don't use fences around anything even yards have no fences.







Since it is all old and haunted we visited the oldest cemetery in Batavia most of the graves were from the 1800's. A lot of the headstones you couldn't even read.




This was inside some old building on the cemetery lawn. I assume you pull out a drawer and pay respect to your ancestors?



This headstone says that James Holden served in the Revolutionary War! It is a new headstone because the old one behind it you can no longer read and it's broken. Cool hu!

We didn't see any ghosts but we did see a black cat in the graveyard.

1 comment:

Palmers said...

Those are some cool pics of the old town. I love the really old mansions. Did you get to go in any of them? Sounds like a fun time, It is always fun to see family when you don't get to a lot. HOpe your doing good.