#1 So one of our goals as a family is to read the Book of Mormon together. But with two little boys its about impossible. We tried around Christmas every night reading a couple scriptures about Jesus and they couldn't even handle that so we knew how well this would go but... I saw someone reading this book. It is still the Book of Mormon stories just in very simple form for beginning readers. And it is in comic book form so there are multiple pics. We read a story every night. I know that it isn't technically reading the scriptures but it works with our family and it is the best we can do for right now and I feel like our Heavenly Father would think its a good start. We have read almost every night with only a couple of misses!
#2 I am also excited to say that we have had family home evening every Monday night this month! And surprisingly they have gone really well. Short but simple.
#3 Reed has been wanting to gain weight, I know really who does that, but he wanted to reach 200 lbs and he has done it! p.s. Not fat at all, he has been faithful in going to the gym and lifting.
#4 One of my goals was just to eat better and try to go to the gym. So week 1 I went 4 times. Week 2 I went 4 times. Week 3 I went 3 times. And week 4 I went 4 times. That is a big deal to me cuz it's the most I have ever gone consistantly! I am still working on eating better but I must be doing something right when Reed complained yesterday that there are too many healthy foods in the house and how is he supposed to gain any weight! But I will say that every day is a challenge.
My overall rating for our goals in January a "B"
Since I have no pics for any of my goals here are some recent pics that make me smile.
I don't know if it is in the boys genetics to take off their shirts but every chance they want to take them off and wrestle each other to the ground. Deegan even started taking his shirt off in church. I laughed so hard. And I love it cuz they are just such boys. They make me smile :)
I've mentioned that chandler is very artistic well the other day they started gluing their art to the wall so I gave them the roll of tape instead and then I fell asleep just laying next to them color. When I woke up Chandler showed me what he had done. Little smiles cut out and taped down the hall, on every wall in my room and a couple in his room. They were so cute that they are still up. I love them cuz they help me remember how much I love them and to just smile when they make me mad.


5 comments:
Congrats on the goals! those are all pretty good goals. Maybe I should start.
Those goals are great!! Good work! I love how Deegan trys to take his shirt off in church...too cute!! And how he laughs so hard out loud saying "big tie" "baby tie"...love it!!!
We always read the scriptures in the morning while consuming brekkie! It works for us. Two years ago we did the BOM, last year we did D&C and the Pearl of Great Price and then this year we are back to the BOM. I wish I dared to tackle the Bible, but it scares me a bit...Those are awesome goals and ones that everyone should have!
It's hard to go to the gyn , especially when you have kids, good luck!
Good for you! Way to go girl!
Post a Comment