Saturday, July 10, 2010

Run, Run, Run, Blog, Run Some More!



This summer has been crazy and will continue to get worse but I guess that is the fun of summer! So this post has been a work in progress for the last couple of weeks and just keeps getting longer cuz I keep adding to it so I will some it up.
Good ole' home town fun in Mt. Pleasant with my fam.

Had to go to the Rodeo or as Deegy calls it the Cowboy thing.
Chandler was sporting his boots and got this cool wallet & chain. I thought it went well together:)The beautiful parade and cute kidos having lots of fun in the sun and catching loads of candy.

Friends, family, neighbors and whoever showed up just chilled in the front yard and ate all day. That is my kind of fun.
We each had to have a ride on the horse with grandpa.
There was a small carnival and the Mountain Men with all their fun stuff. Poor brother-in-law, Dennis got stuck riding a ride with his daughter Emma. It looked a little scary and funny.
And the fireworks...the little kids had fun but the bigger kids had much more fun with the illegal stuff and blowing up things. Sorry no pics cuz it just wasn't safe to be that close.
On Monday some of us went on a little hike. It was lots of fun!
After we got home from the 4th I went right to work and made 65 of these invites for the up coming bridal shower of our soon to be sister-in-law. They turned out really cute but not to fancy cuz I had to make so many and it took all week.
I also helped Amanda make these baby shower invites and they turned out really cute. I think I speak for the both of us when I say, "Thank goodness for the Circut!"
Then like always I think I have these great ideas and usually they are not so bad but almost always they are more work then I plan but my shower gift for Teasha was some home decor for every season and this is what I worked on all the next week. They did turn out really cute and I think she loved them.
After finishing Me and the boys headed back to Utah for the shower. I felt bad that I had pretty much neglected them for the last two weeks so I told them we would have an adventure. We stopped a couple of times on the way to Utah just to walk around and look at things.
I had this great idea to take them to the Peppermint Palace that I went to over 2 decades ago and see how they make candy. Well lets just say that was a boring adventure. Mom got lost -stupid mapquest! But I eventually found it after a 30 minute detour and the boys falling asleep. And then they don't even have the tour to watch them make candy but they did find these cute little yummy treats!


Really who makes candy for kids that dyes everything?

So that pretty much sucked so I took them to the Dino museum at Thanksgiving Point. That was pretty fun and cool. The boys really loved it and you could spend some good time in there letting them play.



The Erosion Table was my favorite it was filled with sand and water with mini dino's and they could play forever. There are benches for mom's to sit and just watch.
Another highlight was a giant sand box for digging up dino bones. Loved it! We did finally make it to Grandma and Grandpas.

Grandpa took us fishing we saw lots of fish but sadly we didn't catch any ;(


The bridal shower turned out really cute. I love these tissue balls! Good ole' Martha

The boys thought it was Teasha Birthday. It actually was the next day and we didn't even know it. Happy Birthday Teasha!


Just the girls, starting on the left: Kristy, Angie, Mom, Teasha, and Me

And finally you can't come to Mt. Pleasant without going to the Drive-in. I love it!!!! It is old school but so much fun and the snack bar cooks the BEST hamburgers. The boys first time at the Drive-In we saw Toy Story 3!

So now that I have blogged the last month. We will run some more and catch up oh probably next month!
Hope you all are having an adventurous summer too!!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy Moly!!!!


Thanks again for all your help making Morgan's shower cute :)

Anonymous said...

so that's what you have been up to! Haven't seen you all summer girl!

fnbfam said...

Yes! Summer's are sooo busy, but it's 'fun busy' and that makes all the difference! I can't believe how big your little monkeys are getting. They're adorable. I need to take my boys' to that dino museum. Aidan LOVES dino's. Hope we get to see you guys soon!

derek and michelle said...

you guys have been busy!!! I love those crafts they are way cute.