Monday, March 23, 2009

Deep Cleaning with a ?

Now that I have started cleaning I might as well finish right! So here I go deep cleaning or spring cleaning the rest of my house. I am one of those people who love to make lists. Each day I make a list of things I need to do and want to do. I mark things off as I go and sometimes I will write something down on my list that I did just so I can mark it off! I know it's silly but for some reason it makes me feel like I accomplished something and even a little bit organized. Warning though it can also do the opposite. Like when you write a huge list and by the end of the day you only have one thing marked off, it can be kind of depressing. But keep in mind that sometimes that one thing is a big thing, like clean your house.
So here is my Spring Cleaning list:
  • Chandler & Deegan's Room X
  • New Craft room/Deegan's old room X
  • Kitchen X
  • Entry/coat closet X
  • Pantry X
  • Bath downstairs X
  • Boys Bathroom X
  • Closet upstairs X
  • Laundry room X
  • Dinning X
  • Family X
  • Master Bedroom
  • Master Bath

The ones with an X mean that they are done! The others I am working on a couple. But I have a question for you all. So when I am cleaning I found a box of cassette tapes. Do I keep them or throw them out?

That is a lot to do but the funny thing is that is just my Spring Cleaning list. I have other lists with other things that need to be done also. Like my Project List, and Today's List. So am I the only freak out there that likes lists?

5 comments:

Elin Brotherson said...

I totally do the lists, and I also write things down that weren't on it just to cross it off!! I was laughing when I read that!Good luck with all the cleaning

Ashlee said...

Melinda I didn't realize how much alike we are in this area. So I guess there are more people out there than we think!! Good luck with all of your lists. I have been like that more than normal lately...maybe I'm starting into my nesting phase!!

The Hicken's said...

I am a chucker. I throw things out that I haven't used in the last year. So...if you haven't used the cassettes I would chuck them! But that is only my thinking. Good luck with that! I am the same way.

N+M Family said...

Okay so I do the same thing. List, List, List. Its just the do part that I sometimes have a problem with. But I think that the cassettes I would get rid of them, but that is probably because I hate it when they get stuck in the player. So there it is.

Palmers said...

that is so nice to have both boys in the 1 room. I can't wait to do that when my boys get older. They will be the best of friends like your boys! You have it decorated really cute I love it. Im just waiting for my basement to get finished and then mabey I can get my house in order and clean:)