Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SUN FUN


I really didn't want to try a garden this year but Reed was determined and just plopped one out in the middle of our lot. He put work into it and we even started seeds inside then planted them after the snow on Memorial Day. But all of our little starts died. There were a couple things he planted from seed. Like beets, carrots, and corn and wouldn't you know it they are actually growing. Reed has to have that 'green thumb' like his parents cuz I sure don't have it.


He also has been working on our front yard too. He just got it all finished and it looks pretty good. Ok I know that the grass is brown but it was all free from 4 different people but if you get close it is all coming back with little patches of green. Our trees and bushes are all small and just hanging on but with Reed's love I have no doubt that by the end of the year or maybe even next year it will look great.




"Let's keep it as a pet." That is what Deegy says to everything that he finds. Caterpillars, moths, lizards and this morning Dad found a little something that fell into the window well and couldn't get out. Deegy wanted to keep it so bad but I am trying to explain to him that we don't keep wild things. The little ground hog was fun to watch cuz we were so close to it and could hear it making noise but Reed put a board in there so that he could get out and he did by the end of the day. Deegy was sad but I let him keep a moth that was in their room and told him it could be their pet. he he he


Go! Chandler Go! Chandler has had this little bike for a while and he is really too big for it plus we haven't taken the training wheels off it either but the other day I took them off and was trying to teach Deegy so Chandler wanted to try too. He got on and off he went like it was nothing. His first time without training wheels and that was that. I was impressed but he does have very good balance so I think we will have to get him a bigger bike and see how he does on that. He is pretty proud of himself, it has only been two days and he was trying to jump the thing out in the dirt over hills and stuff. He calls it his dirt bike. And so it starts!


We have been enjoying all the parks and water. That is one thing I will give this area they do have great parks and splash parks that are mostly all free. The perfect thing to do in the hot Wyoming desert. Except for days like today. Warm and nice but then you add a 30 mile an hour wind and no one wants to go out and play. What a waste of good weather:(


Water balloons... I mentioned them before but my kids are addicted. The only bad thing, little pieces of balloon every where. That is what the pic above is.




More fun to come with the 4th this weekend. Hope you all have a great one!

3 comments:

Cammie said...

You planted Beets? I love it!!

Jen said...

Your yard is so cute!

Anna Winn and Family said...

Wow - I planted stuff and have only 5 plants alive. (sigh) I have a brown thumb.